Print Back

Most helpful negative review

Fun but rusty

by Nicole K on Oct 31, 2008

1.0

"We loved playing on the trapeze but the loops on the bar that the chain attach to are made of a metal that rusts. After hanging outdoors for one week, the metal was rusting. We've returned the item and do not recommend anyone purchase this since it will not last outdoors...."  Read Full Review

See more negative reviews

Swinging hit

5.0

If a picture is worth a thousand words... How long is this review?

"Provides good exercise"

Pros:

• Durable,
  • Fun,
  • Weather proof

Oct 7 2009
  • Casual do-it-yourselfer
  • Professional

Fun but rusty

1.0

"We loved playing on the trapeze but the loops on the bar that the chain attach to are made of a metal that rusts. After hanging outdoors for one week, the metal was rusting. We've returned the item and do not recommend anyone purchase this since it will not last outdoors."

Oct 31 2008
Nicole K
Florida
Full review provided by Target

wrong item

1.0

"I was sent a ship wheel but not the one pitured. The one I recieved is smaller and looks completety different , I am very disappointed. I was to be a gift to my son on Thursday. The wheel I got is cheaper on other sights by $10. I feel as if I might have gotten scammed. I will be returning it ASAP."

this is what I got in the mail.

this is what I got in the mail.

Aug 12 2012
William
Pittsburgh, pa
Full review provided by Hayneedle.com

Satisfied Customer

5.0

"The children really enjoy their new swing set. They've spent many hours already playing on it.

There was a lot of predrilling which will make the wood last longer and not split. It was a building experience that my husband and our son did together. We're very pleased with our purchase and do recommend it to others."

Feb 22 2007
Anonymous
Florida
Full review provided by Home Depot

Great Swing for the price!!!

5.0

"We bought two of these for our twins. We hung them under our deck at our new house. Our boys love these swings! The anti-pinch coating is very nice, the swing is very durable, and the green color is nice. The swing bottom is stiff on arrival but breaks in nicely and forms to the child. Overall, this is a great swing for the money! We have had it over two months now and it still looks brand new. My twins just love it!

HTH~!"

Sep 29 2009
Mom to twins
Full review provided by Target

Love it, excellent quality & value

5.0

"Since I installed it my kids have been playing with it almost every day and love it. I just wish I got two because they fight over it! I have a 3yr old and a 5yr old. I put this in my garage out of the weather and have a light mat underneath.

It seems very well constructed. Be careful your kids don't put their feet inside of the handles as they will likely get stuck there and eventually the child will have a bad fall. Luckily I was present when it happened and they know not to do that.

The handles are plastic and not metal as I thought. They seem to be tough. Not sure how they'd handle the outdoors though.

I wish I got this thing a long time ago."

Pros:

• Easy assembly

Oct 7 2010
Abzman
Portland, OR
  • Avid do-it-yourselfer

Good quality

5.0

"I purchased this swing in addition to a step2 swingset to accommodate for my 1 year old. He loves the bucket swings. I have used both the bucket design swing like this one and the plastic seat swings like little tikes makes and I much prefer this one. My son hits the his head on the plastic seat swing while swinging and therefore it takes away from the joy of the motion.

This swing came completely assembled and ready to hang. Its seems to be really durable, the same quality you come across in public parks."

Pros:

• Durable,
  • Easy assembly

Jan 1 2011
mellyd
Gainesville, FL
  • First time parent
  • Working parent

Hide A Way Heaven In The Blue Ridge Chateau Swing

5.0

"The Best Days of summer are watching your grand babies play all day out side. To hear their giggles, laughter, eyes lit up as if they were on in their own little world. The Blue Chateau Swing set gives joy and happiness to every child that comes in contact with it. The adults even come back to their childhood. Reliving the free days of summer, swinging high in the air, trying to reach to sky. Sliding down the slide as fast as you can to try and catch up with the young one you are playing with. Then when a child goes up into the top, they feel as if they are on the top of the world. Oh what a great feeling. To be taller and higher then anyone else. so yo see This is a great gift for any child. They can all enjoy it from small toddler to , well yes even old grandma's like myself. It is priced at a great value. You get a lot of different things all rolled up in one for one low cost. A slide, swings, monkey bar, a look pout fort, and it is all made of very sturdy materials, along with some of the best hardware. Step by step instructions. And most of all but not least, we had the most fun puttings this together as a family, My husband, daughter, son-in-law, 2 year old grandson, and myself. It was two long days of enjoyment, for all of us."

Aug 27 2007
Anonymous
Oklahoma

Great Playset

5.0

"After a lot of research my wife and I concluded this play set offered the most bang for the buck. The free delivery was great as this item came in 4 very large boxes that would have been tough to get home even get in a pick up truck. All the wooden parts were accounted for and undamaged. We were missing 2 bolts and a few washers but otherwise we had everything we needed. The biggest key to making this project a success is to inventory and label all the parts. It took us about 2 hours to unpack everything and label it all. While the instructions are fairly long I found them reasonably easy to follow, take a few minutes and skim through them ahead of time. The construction took me and a buddy about 9 hours to completely assemble minus the chimney.

The finished project is amazing. It looks just like the picture on the web site and is incredibly sturdy. The swing arm and all the structural supports are made of a very heavy weight wood. The other pieces are not as heavy but still very sturdy and have a nice look and smooth to the touch, no worries about splinters. I have a rising 3 year old that loves the slide, rock wall and the fort. The whole play set blends nicely into the landscape of our backyard.

Great purchase!"

Sep 21 2009
VABigDaddy
Richmond, VA
Full review provided by Home Depot

Sturdy & long-lasting set!

5.0

"This is a great set and well worth the money! As my husband and I are not handy at all, we were very nervous about taking on this project.

What we didn't want was a set that we've seen so often - a great deal but wobbly and unsafe.

We researched different sets from many different stores and finally decided on this model based on the other posted reviews, pictures on the web site, and price. Keep in mind that the price includes shipping. We found that we would have been spending just as much on a seemingly lesser-quality set from another major retailer once shipping was added to their on-line price.

It did end up taking two full days for my husband and father-in-law. We also recommend organizing your parts as they are not labelled. We did have some damaged pieces of wood - a piece had a large split in it and some of the pieces for the picnic bench were severely crowned. We also recommend putting a sealer over the stained pieces to help maintain the color. The factory finish is pretty, but is light and will undoubtedly fade after a year.

Overall, we are very pleased with this product and have no regrets with this purchase!"

Aug 8 2009
SmartILShoppers
Highland, IL

Displaying 1 - 10 of 157 Reviews
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review

Compare With Similar Products

Gorilla Playsets Blue Ridge Chateau Play Set Questions

Have a question about this product? Get answers from the Buzzillions.com community.

Questions and Answers

Provided by Target

Choice Grade Factory Stained And Sealed Pine And Cedar With Maintenancefree Polycoated Fir Wood Beams. Includes Wave Slide Rock Wall With Climbing Rope Sandbox And Builtin Picnic Table. 2 Swings With Powdercoat Chains Trapeze Bar And Rings. Tongueingroove

Specification Description
Date 1st Available Online 01-NOV-10
Date 1st Available Online 10-NOV-10
Date 1st Available Online 24-JUL-11
Describe_Yourself Grandparent
Dimensions 19L x 18W x 11H ft.
Dimensions 228L x 216W x 132H inches
Feature Code Sand Box
Footprint/Size 342
Freight Class SHPTRUCK
Freight Class TRU_SHPG
Fulfillment Option SP
Fulfillment Option SP,ISP
Hazmat Warning N
Legal Notice Please note: Due to the size and weight of this item, a specialized carrier will be utilized, and will need to schedule a delivery for this item. The
Lower 48 1 Day Upcharge Or Override 399.99
TRU SKN 594889
TRU SKN 595204
TRU SKN 595262
TRU SKN 779913
Text Attribute 1 5" High Platform: 4 Foot x 6 Foot, 4x4 Solid Wood Framing, 4x6 3-Position Swing Beam with Timber Shield
Text Attribute 1 Height 1"
Text Attribute 2 Length 24"
Text Attribute 2 Maintenance-free Timber Shield covering on main beams for virtually maintenance-free performance
Text Attribute 3 Available in Cedar with a beautiful Amber Finish, 10 Year Limited Warranty on Lumber, 1 Year
Text Attribute 3 Width 40"
Text Attribute 4 Dimensions: Play deck area: 4'D x 6'W, Play deck height: 5', Assembled footprint: 14'D x 19'W x 11'H. It is recommended to leave at least a 6' perime
Text Attribute 4 For residential use
Text Attribute 5 Includes: Gorilla Playsets Chateau II Swing Set, All Hardware, All Lumber (cut, sanded, stained, and the main beams are pre-drilled), Detailed Assemb
Toddler Yes
style TicTacToeSpinnerPannel
taxable Y
trackingLinkBaseUrl http://www.meijer.com
trackingLinkUri /catalog/

Prices, inventory, and product information are provided by the merchants and may include any promotional discounts that are not available to all customers. We assume no responsibility for accuracy of price information provided by merchants, but please to any pricing discrepancies so we can notify the merchant. Additionally, sales taxes and shipping costs are not included in listed prices, so please check with the merchant for total costs.

Product specifications and information are obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of product information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. Product reviews are written and submitted by online shoppers to assist you as you shop. They do not reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content of ratings and reviews submitted by users.

Powered by PowerReviews, Inc. ©2011 All Rights Reserved