Print Back

Sort by

Not what I expected from KitchenAid

★☆☆☆☆
1.0

"I spent a few hundred dollars extra to get a KitchenAid since the brand was supposed to be very good. Boy was I wrong!

The first one I installed had a pin-hole leak in one of the stainless steel seams, high up and under the insulation blanket. It leaked from the moment I first turned it on and the source of the leak was very difficult to find and the whole experience was frustrating.

The replacement lasted about two months and the then the controls started behaving strangely: after loading up and closing the door, the machine either 1) sets itself for a "heavy" wash with a "heated" dry cycle and locks itself in that mode or 2) locks the controls completely and will not let me set any type of wash cycle. The only way to restore normal behavior is to unplug the dishwasher and plug it back in to reset the circuitry. I am very, very glad I didn't hard wire the thing in place. Once the power is cycled, it works fine for a few days then back to the odd behavior. The appliance repair guys deemed it "bad circuitry" in the door. Since it is under warranty, the circuitry in the door is being replace this week to take care of this problem.

When it's running, it is very quite compared to other dishwashers I have owned and it does a good job cleaning. It takes a couple of hours to do a complete cycle but that is apparently part of the water and energy saving and it's so quite it doesn't matter.

An annoying "feature" is the silverware basket. It comes with little plastic grates in the silverware basket that are meant to hang the forks, spoons and knives so that they don't touch and get clean easier. The little grates are supported by the smallest plastic pins I've ever seen and they are constantly falling into the basket. They are a great idea, but so poorly implemented that they are next to worthless.

I had expected high quality from a KitchenAid, but this thing doesn't seem special or high quality in any way. Next time I'll save some money and get a Maytag."

Pros:

• Energy efficient,
  • Quiet

Cons:

• Electronics problems,
  • Leaky,
  • Long cycle,
  • Poor design,
  • Unreliable

May 31 2011
TheoCoog
Boston, MA
  • Casual cook

too soon to call it, but so far adequate

4.0

"I purchased this product to replace my 24 year old Kitchenaid dishwasher that was no longer getting the job done. I thought that my problems may have been caused by the change in detergents where phosphorus is no longer available as a component in the newer detergents so I had a reluctance in purchasing a new one. Now that I have the new dishwasher, KUDS30IXSS, in service I have noticed that some of my plates that were previously stained are now showing some stain removal and appear to be getting cleaner. So far it looks as if I am on my way to another pleasant experience with a Kitchenaid dishwasher.

My only disappointment is the controls on the front of the door that lettered in small print and lit with blue LED's. I find this combination difficult to read and even with my glasses I have to get a magnifying glass to read them. I am sure with time I will memorize the location of the buttons and this will no longer be a problem, but for now curses on the young person that designed and approved this control panel."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Cleans well,
  • Easy to load,
  • Quiet

Cons:

• Complicated controls,
  • Doesn't dry well,
  • Fingerprints

Jun 22 2011
Bill
York, PA

Second Time Around! :)

4.0

"We lived in a house years ago where the only upgrade was this KitchenAid Dishwasher. It was the most amazing appliance I had used! When we moved, we built a home with an upgraded DW from the builder. It wasn't as quiet and didn't clean as well. This KitchenAid dishwasher is so versatile for loading from family breakfast, to family dinner, including pots and pans, and then great for after entertaining with holders for wine glasses and adjustable top rack for fitting serving trays and pots. It also elminates small food particles, where other dishwashers throw them around and they end up stuck to the glasses. My sons now load the dishwasher for me, and I never have to worry about how well they did it, because the machine always produces clean dishes! It's also one of the quietest dishwashers I've owned. :) I just had to have this dishwasher again, and we are very pleased with the results. Users Manual is online, but didn't come with product, and the controls can be tricky, but it's not a big problem. I printed out the manual."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Cleans well,
  • Easy to load,
  • Energy efficient,
  • Quiet

Mar 26 2012
Super Mom
Doylestown, PA
Full review provided by Abes of Maine

Finally received an appliance I ordered.

4.0

"Fantastic dishwasher! Beautiful stainless steel and a very quiet operation. The cycle takes a little long, but the results are worth it. We do have a problem with the controls on the top of the door. We occasionally press a button on accident."

Pros:

• Cleans well,
  • Easy to load,
  • Quiet

Cons:

• Long cycle

Nov 16 2011
thenycdj
williamsburg, VA
Full review provided by Abes of Maine

The best aid is a kitchenaid!!

★★★★★
5.0

"I use my dishwasher every day and am very pleased with my new purchase. It is so quiet!! The dishes and pots come out so clean with no prerinsing needed. The only downfall as with all new dishwashers is the length of cycle. However well worth the wait!"

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Cleans well,
  • Quiet

Cons:

• Long cycle

Jun 2 2011
Sharon the dishwashing queen.
Harwinton Ct/

Perfection

★★★★★
5.0

"I love this dishwasher. It is the best I have owned in 50 years and I love Abe's"

Pros:

• Cleans well,
  • Quiet

Cons:

• Awkward loading

Aug 2 2011
Ed
Brewster, NY

Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 Reviews

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review

KitchenAid Superba(R) Series 49 dBA* (per IEC standards, normal cycle) 4 Cycles 6 Options Architect(R) Series II Questions

Have a question about this product? Get answers from the Buzzillions.com community.

Questions and Answers

Provided by Abes of Maine

Get 25% better results vs. the competition. The ProScrub option uses powerfull spray jets in the back of the dishwasher to deliver concentrated cleaning. This dishwasher also features Nylon Racks, ProScrub Option, Premium Rack Adjusters, 49 dBA Whisper Quiet Sound Insulation and much more to help accomidate your needs!!

Prices, inventory, and product information are provided by the merchants and may include any promotional discounts that are not available to all customers. We assume no responsibility for accuracy of price information provided by merchants, but please to any pricing discrepancies so we can notify the merchant. Additionally, sales taxes and shipping costs are not included in listed prices, so please check with the merchant for total costs.

Product specifications and information are obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of product information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. Product reviews are written and submitted by online shoppers to assist you as you shop. They do not reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content of ratings and reviews submitted by users.

Powered by PowerReviews, Inc. ©2011 All Rights Reserved