Print Back

Most helpful positive review

Maytag MMV6180 Microwave

by Toni who loves to cook on Dec 11, 2009

5.0

"IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAS SO MANY BUILT IN PROGRAMS THAT COME UP AUTOMATICALLY. . .SOON I'LL BE SMOOTH AT CHOOSING THE COMMANDS. I'M SO IMPRESSED WITH ALL THE WONDERFUL FEATURES THAT WILL MAKE ALL FOODS PREP EASIER AND MORE PERFECT ! I WASN'T AWARE SO MANY FEATURES HAVE BECOME AVAILABLE ON MAYTAGS. . . IMPRESSED. BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IS THAT WE HAD TO BUILD OUT THE BACK WALL 3/4" SO THAT WE COULD OPEN THE DOO..."  Read Full Review

See more positive reviews

Most helpful negative review

Came damaged and won't send me a new one

by Will.I.AM on Aug 19, 2014

1.0

"I got it on a great offer however came damaged and they told me they can't send me the same one......"  Read Full Review

See more negative reviews

Came damaged and won't send me a new one

Aug 19 2014
Will.I.AM
Miami, FL
  • Casual cook

Maytag MMV6180 Microwave

5.0

BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT IS THAT WE HAD TO BUILD OUT THE BACK WALL 3/4" SO THAT WE COULD OPEN THE DOOR. . .IT IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER MAYTAG MODELS WITH DOOR swing of only 30inch needed. OUR CABINETS ARE 15" DEEP AND THE DOOR REQUIRES A EXTRA SWING ROOM ON THE LEFT OF ABOUT 1-2" . . .NO INFORMATION OF THIS ON THE SITE DISCRIPTION. . .(Nor from any brands with 1.8 to 2 cu ft. capacity. . . self discovery only by buyer. . . so buyers beware !) wE NEVER GOT AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WHEN WE ASKED THE SALES PERSONs NOR even at the MAYTAG SITE. . . Thus we had eXTRA TIME AND EXPENSE TO INSTALL IN OUR HOME. . .But, for this one we think-worth it !"

Pros:

• Professional,
  • Real convection

Cons:

• Not for deep cabinets

Dec 11 2009
Toni who loves to cook
Plymouth,WI
  • Avid cook
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

I love this microwave!

5.0

"This is the most awesome microwave! It is so user friendly. It has all kinds of different quick setting. For example, "dinner plate" that senses when it is heated! It also asks how many pieces of bacon or what size baked potato. If you push something incorrectly, it will prompt for the right answer! It is so easy to keep clean. It has a second rack which I haven't used yet. I love having the microwave over my range and off my counter top!"

Jan 24 2011
Barb the baker
Decatur, AL
Full review provided by goedekers.com

I would buy this product again and again

5.0

"i like this product because it fits my kitchen decor and is very quiet and easy to use"

Pros:

• Easy to install,
  • Quiet

Mar 10 2011
kevin
chicago, IL
  • Casual cook
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

Love it!

5.0

"I love this nuker! I use the sensor option all the time, and things come out just right. It's great for thawing meat and not cooking the edges too. Very happy with purchase."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Cooks well,
  • Easy to clean

Feb 5 2011
Jodi
Bennington VT
Full review provided by goedekers.com

We chose the Maytag ...

5.0

"We chose the Maytag because of its price, easy to use controls and it looked good. Stainless inside and out with a big rectangular tray.

Tested the unit before installation with a quart ball jar filled with 1.9-lbs (860g) of cold tap water 55.6F. Ran the unit for 2-minutes, and measured a temperature of 102.2F. An exceptionally good 46.6F rise in temperature. The old one, a 1999 Frigidare had a 40F rise and the unit before that a 1984 Panasonic countertop had a 37F rise. I value fast cooking/warming in a microwave above all else so if it had been slower than the others it would have been immediately returned. I also confirmed that its timer was accurate with a stopwatch

Its sensor cooking usually works well, cooked 6 large potatoes in 18-min to perfection, they all fit on the big tray, and all cooked the same amount. The vent fan runs at low while cooking, it is very quiet, and vents the cooking odors outside thru our wall vent. Popcorn cooking with the sensor does not do quite as good a job. I do not know why. Setting a 2:30 min fixed cook time for popcorn worked far better.

The vent fan is super quiet on low and moves alot of air. On high it moves a tremendous amount of air and is very noisy. I would say that low speed will suffice for 99% of our cooking needs. On rare occasions when the range or oven is producing alot of smoke or odors it is nice to be able to dial it up to handle an unusual amount of fumes.

Installation was fairly straightforward since, luckily, the vent location matched my old Frigidare's vent. But all the other mounting holes, in the wall and in the cabinet did not match. Also my cabinets are extra deep, 16-inches instead of the standard 14-inches and the door needs an extra 3/4" to swing open. In other words it's 30" wide but needs 30 3/4" for its door to open fully with deep cabinets. Not a problem for me since we had the extra space but others should be aware of this issue."

Dec 14 2011
Resistor
Red Bank, NJ
Full review provided by Sears

This Maytag replaced a ...

1.0

"This Maytag replaced a Kenmore microhood that only lasted 2.5 years. The door/handle fell off and we weren't covered under warranty.

We wanted to avoid the same design flaw we saw in the door of the last microwave, so we were only looking at microwaves that have the door and handle as all one piece like the Maytag.

We brought it home; my husband and I installed it ourselves. It only fell on my head once.

The first horrible problem is that when you turn the microwave on to cook anything, the vent automatically comes on. I looked thoroughly through the manual and there is no way to turn it off, in fact it clear states in the instructions that it is supposed to come on and cannot be turned off. So, it makes the microwave the loudest microwave on earth. It's pretty ridiculous.

The vent will also come on when you cook stuff underneath it on the stove.

So then, of course I tried to microwave a snack-size popcorn. The popcorn button has two settings, and it's for at least 3.0 oz. I chose that one even though my popcorn was only like 1.1 oz. When you choose those buttons, you are not able to add 30 seconds or add time. It is what it is. I noticed that the popcorn wasn't popping. I checked the power and it was at 100%.

We ended up having Sears repair come and ther e was a venting issue. Fine. Fixed...but then I tried to microwave another snack pack of popcorn. This time I just used the traditional methods. I put it in for 3 minutes. Added time. Added time. At 4.5 minutes, the stupid popcorn still wasn't finished. Ridiculous! It only cooked half the bag and burned it! No thank you! We are returning this one and are buying a whirlpool instead. I honestly think the whirlpools are cheesy looking and have too many kid-friendly buttons but at this point I just want a microwave that cooks and is quiet!!

"

Sep 20 2011
nadinelk
Las Vegas, NV
Full review provided by Sears

So many great features and looks great.

5.0

"I am in love with this microwave. It holds a 9x13 pan, cooks evenly and really quickly. The pan rotates back and forth, up and down so it is even cooking.. even fun to watch. It is more powerful than my last microwave so I am adjusting to inceased efficiency. The stainless and smooth design, large sleek handle looks great. Both the vent and the light have multiple settings that I like .. It is heavy, installation is worth the cost. Stainless inside and out.. easy to clean, has a professional look."

Nov 19 2010
Anonymous
Rochester Hills, MI
Full review provided by Home Depot

Very disappointed

★★☆☆☆
2.0

"Bought this unit in March...it's already dead. Never really performed up to what we expected but we chalked it up to the fact that we were comparing it to our old microwave and just needed to give this one a chance. Called HHGregg to see about returning it but, even though it died within 3 months, we have to follow up with the manufacturer for repair. I don't want a repaired unit...I want a new functioning unit like I originally thought that I had purchased. Had Maytag repair come out and it's going to be $400 in parts for a $300 unit. Granted, it's covered by warranty but it seems silly for them to even put out that much effort to repair a unit that isn't even worth that much. Right now I am completely disgusted with the unit, Maytag and HHGregg."

Pros:

• Attractive

Cons:

• Unreliable performance

Jul 05, 2012

"Hello, Peanut84! My name is Emily and I am a representative of Maytag. We truly regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with the microwave. If we can be of assistance please email us directly at Maytag.Digital@Maytag.com with your user ID, name, phone number, address as well as the model and serial numbers of your microwave. Thank you, Emily."

Jun 18 2012
Peanut84
Round Lake, IL
  • Avid cook

Disapointed

★★☆☆☆
2.0

"This microwave just doesn't do what our old Maytag did. The only reason we replaced the old (2yrs old) was because we were switching all appliances to stainless steel. The vent fan is so noisey that we can't hear the TV, it really is the noisiest appliance we own. We are still trying to get used to the lower wattage. If it wasn't so hard to take out and reinstall a new one I would take it back and get the exact same model I had. On the up side, its beautiful...."

Feb 13 2011
4siri
Sequim, WA
Full review provided by Home Depot

Displaying 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review

Maytag 1.8-cu ft Over-The-Range Convection Microwave (Stainless Steel) Questions

Have a question about this product? Get answers from the Buzzillions.com community.

Questions and Answers

Provided by Maytag

For a premium look with all the latest features, this 1.8 cu. ft. microwave with EvenAir´┐Ż Convection is the one you want. It features powerful sensor cooking and sensor reheating options that help make sure your food comes out cooked evenly, without burning or melting. It has a magnetron that pumps out 1000 watts of cooking power and is backed by an industry-leading 10-year warranty. This microwave also features a 5-speed exhaust fan, a flush hidden vent, reliable touch controls, a charcoal odor filter, kids meals and snack cooking options, and a large panel of auto cooking options that make cooking your favorite foods super easy.

Prices, inventory, and product information are provided by the merchants and may include any promotional discounts that are not available to all customers. We assume no responsibility for accuracy of price information provided by merchants, but please to any pricing discrepancies so we can notify the merchant. Additionally, sales taxes and shipping costs are not included in listed prices, so please check with the merchant for total costs.

Product specifications and information are obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of product information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. Product reviews are written and submitted by online shoppers to assist you as you shop. They do not reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content of ratings and reviews submitted by users.

Powered by PowerReviews, Inc. ©2011 All Rights Reserved