Print Back

My Notes:

Compare
4.6
based on 576 reviews

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35K 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (DMC-FZ35)

Model: 0003798826367

Great Camera... BUT

by Dcxdan on Mar 13, 2011

★★★☆☆
3.0

"I love my Lumix FZ35, but Panasonic is a very poor company for customer service or support. The camera is set to capture AVCHD format videos, but Panasonic does not have software included with the camera to use those videos. You are pretty much stuck with just viewing the videos on your computer. None of the software supplied will convert or edit those AVCHD videos. If you buy the camera, make sure you change th..."  Read Full Review

See more negative reviews

Best superzoom camera to me

4.0

"I ordered and picked up the FZ35(my first Panny camera) in Washington state. Then we went to Vegas. Without the chance of practicing, I shot P, A and many different scene modes. The night scene/portrait results are great. FZ35 is also more compact/lighter than the Canon Sony equivalent. It's much smaller than I expected. 2 kinds of video output. MOV and MTS. Both are good enough at 1280x720. You can use free FormatFactory to edit MTS. You sure can zoom while filming. Sound isn't bad.It generates a tiny bit of noise even at ISO100 if the picture is underexposed. The low ISO noise can be removed easily with Lightroom. And there's no advanced manual in the box. Only in CD or online PDF. There's basic manual in the box though.You have to press and hold about one second to get the top buttons respond. I guess it's to prevent from touching them accidentally.FZ35 is packed with a lot more functions and options than my Sony A300 dSLR was(and probably all the entry level DSLRs). Its 2.33 fps continuous shooting speed is limited to 3 shots only. With my Patriot Class10 SDHC card, there's almost no waiting time after 3 shots. i.e. The camera is ready right after taking 3 continuous shots.[...] Better price than its competition at the time of my purchase."

Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd

Pros:

• Compact,
  • Fast shutter,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Intelligentexposure works,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Mine was made in japan,
  • Smaller than canon sx1,
  • Wide angle lens,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• Poor flash,
  • Poor instructions/manual,
  • Top buttons not

Jan 10 2010
Jack the Jpeg shooter
Vancouver, Canada
Full review provided by Adorama

Best digital camera ever

5.0

"I bought this after testing and having two different cannon's fail on me. Even though this camera is a bit bulky I throw it in my purse, in the car, in my backpack. I keep it with me all the time. I like taking photos of flowers at the Botanic gardens and the only negative I found was typical of digital camera's the focus on white colors can pop, but this camera has a focus lock and so if you use it you can avoid that a little. Action pictures of humming birds are incredible when using a tripod. I would have liked a bit bigger view finder but at least it has one!! Love the soft focus in portrait mode."

taken outdoors on auto (in the wind) no-flash

taken outdoors on auto (in the wind) no-flash

taken indoors no-flash auto setting

taken indoors no-flash auto setting

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Good in low light,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Lightweight,
  • Long battery life,
  • Nice body color,
  • True colors,

Jun 7 2010
Potter Not Harry
New Mexico
Full review provided by BuyDig.com

Great fun Camera

5.0

"I researched cameras for about two months. I did not want a p&s camera I wanted the versatility of a DLSR without the cumbersome lens and cost. The camera has so many settings it has been fun to learn the uses. I have had the camera only 8 months and already taken about 5,000 pictures. The zoom lens allows me to get close to animals, great macro shots too. Image stability is very good even at full zoom. I have always wanted to get into photography.

I am proud to show friends and family the pictures I have taken. I still take some bad pictures but that is my fault - they are good lucking bad pictures. This camera has given me a new hobby."

35.6mm manual settings

35.6mm manual settings

Through window at Timberline Lodge

Through window at Timberline Lodge

Pros:

• Dslr like settings,
  • Easy to use,
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • High quality lens,
  • Video quality,
  • Wide angle lens,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• No external mic jack

Jan 18 2011
Richard
Cottage Grove, Oregon

Best of the Lot

5.0

"After wearing out my first 2 Kodak Digital Cameras, I shopped and spent weeks reading reviews, studying every option and angle for the new Super Zoom's. Since I have gotten used to my new Panasonic FZ35 I'm convinced that there is no better Super Zoom Point & Shoot on the market. My professional Photographer friend agrees and highly praises my photos. Especially the ones I get paid for while shooting Road Racing & Moto Cross. This is the only camera offered that offered everything. I preferred AA batteries, but the proprietary batteries work great. I don't use the HD because of the complexities and compatibility issues with editing software, but the Hi Res Video in .mov format is awesome. With a separate video button, it doesn't interfere with my still or action shots. I no longer have to tote a video camera and a digi camera, this one does it all. I purchased this instead of an SLR and have never looked back."

Sample action photo

Sample action photo

Pros:

• Easy to setup,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Simple controls,
  • Well built / quality

Nov 12 2009
timbuk2
Hallett, OK
Full review provided by J&R Electronics

Can add text to photo from camera

5.0

"a great all inclusive camera. Wide angle, telephoto, low light, quick response, automatic operation, etc. are all in one small package. It is a little bigger than a pocket size camera but it fits into a fanny pack. The ability to add a 30 character imprint on each photo from the camera is great for travel location titles. When I return from my next cruise, I'll just pop the SD card into my TV and show everyone my photos and movies."

Pros:

• Compact,
  • Easy to use,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• No lcd smudge protection

Jan 27 2010
kral1
Franklin Lakes, NJ

Good All-Around Choice

4.0

"I wanted to get a subcompact camera that is easy to use and fits into pocket, but my husband wanted more zoom so he can take wildlife photos. I read a lot of reviews and purchased this Panasonic camera. We use the automatic settings. If you want to photograph birds, you should consider a camera with more than 18x optical zoom. We can photograph birds on our bird feeder, but not as closely as my husband would like. (See photo attached.) We do not know how to use the more professional controls on this camera, so we use the "Close Up" setting, which works better than zooming in for close-up photos. I have used it to photograph small items that I want to post online. (See photo attached.) Definitely do read/review the very thorough instruction manual that comes on a CD with this camera. The instructions are organized well enough that I was able to find the parts I needed to read and skip over the more professionally-oriented instructions. The flash works well. Battery charging is easy. Loading photos onto a PC with the included cable is easy. The only thing missing is that this camera does not come with a case. Since it does not fit into a pocket or a handbag (unless you have a very LARGE handbag), it should come with a case, or at least have one as an accessory that you can purchase from Panasonic."

American Goldfinches from 15-18 feet

American Goldfinches from 15-18 feet

Ivory Budha is Two inches tall

Ivory Budha is Two inches tall

Pros:

• Easy to download to pc,
  • Good in low light,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Short lag time

Cons:

• Does not come with case

Jul 28 2010
Gardener
Chelmsford, MA
  • Casual photographer

pleased w/ purchase

4.0

"I have only had this for about 2 weeks now, but the photos I have taken are very good. I am happy w/ indoor shots. I took one photo of animal 40 feet away out my kitchen window w/ the zoom lens and it came out crystal clear like I was 5 feet away. The camera itself has more features than I have had time to learn. Every setting it seems is slightly adjustable. The flash reboot time is quick. It is very lightweight. It boots up quickly."

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Short lag time,

Dec 29 2009
cj
Lewiston, ID

A SuperZoom That Rivals dSLRs

5.0

"I've owned a number of earlier Panasonic SuperZoom bridge cameras and have enjoyed them all, but the FZ35 is a whole different animal.

The earlier FZ28 model was a wonderful all round camera and the FZ35 is physically the same animal with the addition of a larger (12 MP) sensor and the capability for shooting HDTV movies. It is similar to the FZ28 in that it has the same viewfinder, Leica designed lens and overall control system.

But for me the BIG difference in the FZ35 is the new P.O.I.S or Power Optical Image Stabilization system which replaces the Mega OIS system on the FZ28. It is unbelieveable.

After I got the FZ35, I spent a week shooting with it in Paris. I did a lot of night shots and began to notice that I was getting incredibly sharp pictures at night using ISO speeds of just 200 and 400. My usual exposure time was 1/20th of a second and I was shooting handheld. And I was getting totally sharp to the bone, un-blurred-pictures. I began to shoot more at night, realizing that the POIS was opening up a whole new world of night photography. Wow!

At ISO speeds below 400 the images produced by the FZ35 are of professional quality, the kind you'd expect from a midrange dSLR. And I personally believe that it outperforms many entry level dSLRs in image quality.

Packing 12MP on a small sensor does mean that higher ISO speeds images will be grainy and not as good as a dSLR, with a larger sensor, produces but these images are still acceptable.

The non-interchangeable superzoom lens is remarkably sharp thoughout its range and I am surprised at how often I'm shooting at the extreme telephoto (486mm) end of its range.

As for the HDTV capability, well, it leaves me cold. It is fun to shoot the occassional movie clip but if I wanted to make movies I'd buy a camcorder. Buy the FZ35 for its still photo power rather than as a semi-demi-maybe movie camera.

All in all this is a lightweight state-of-the-art camera that produces extraordinary results and it is sold for less then the price of single dSLR lens."

Pros:

• Great picture quality,
  • Lightweight,
  • Macro capability,
  • Power stabilization,
  • Superzoom range

Cons:

• Noisy at high iso,
  • Non-rotating lcd monitor,
  • Slight lag between shots

Sep 18 2009
Hawkeye
Pacific NW
Full review provided by B&H Photo Video

Panasonic Lumix FZ35K Camera

4.0

"I'm an old school Nikon 35 mm SLR photographer. BUT, it's been clear for some time that I needed to make the up-grade to digital. I'm still a little leary of "point & shoot" cameras. BUT, after doing some research, I decided on a Panasonic FZ35K, and have been extremely happy with it. [...]"

My dog with Panasonic zoom from about 25 ft.

My dog with Panasonic zoom from about 25 ft.

Pros:

• Image stabilization ,
  • Nice body color,
  • Short lag time,
  • Zoom range/performance

Jul 26 2010
Trout Thompson
Syracuse, NY
Full review provided by Adorama

Amazing value in a feature rich camera

5.0

"I bought this after a tremendous amount of research and I have to say there's no camera on the market in this price range with more features. Before this camera came out there was no other choice in the 300-400 dollar range where you got 1080p full motion recording with active zoom and stereo sound. It also comes with the noteworthy AVCHD Lite compression codec. It has a 16x9 recording mode. The only thing missing for a pro-indi filmmaker is 24p mode. Although you can't really expect that in a device where the video capability is more of an added feature to an already fairly capable still camera.

The still camera capability is powerful, featuring 12.1mp and 18x zoom with the famous Power O.I.S. stabilizer. This stabilizer is very good, but for crisp photos that are free from blurring you still need a high amount of light. The camera over all has a high number of presets for taking photos in all occasions. Eveh so, this camera seems to require a fair amount of tweaking to get good images. I also noticed images are significantly poorer when not using RAW mode. The FZ35 uses an .RW2 file type, which can be difficult to convert without using the included Silkypix software. For some this may be a turnoff, as Silkypix is somewhat tedious and really has no one-click convert feature.

There's an intelligent mode that makes all the decisions for you. Some have reported great results. Personally, I found the intelligent mode almost perfect but not quite.

As you can see from the attached image the color saturation is tremendous and could very well be one of this camera's best suits. It also has a very good white balancing feature, which I've found lacking in some other cameras.

Overall image quality is very good, but photos are sometimes slightly grainy and the camera seems to favor 400 iso simulation even when there should be adequate light.

Although it does have flaws, I rate this camera as a 5 simply because of the amazing amount of features packed in at such a low price. There's no other deal like it on the market. The Canon PowerShot SX20 IS is the closest contender for this class of camer, however the SX20 is well-known for disappointing image quality.

The Panasonic DMC-FZ35 is definitely the best deal for the money."

Orchid

Orchid

Pros:

• Image stabilization ,
  • Long battery life,
  • Short lag time,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• Difficult to use

Aug 15, 2010
Maryland

"The reviewer leads one to believe that the FZ35 will shoot video in 1080p when the actual limit is 720p. The video quality from this camera is still excellent."

May 5 2010
3D Insanity
Seattle, WA

Displaying 1 - 10 of 576 Reviews
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35K 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (DMC-FZ35) Questions

Have a question about this product? Get answers from the Buzzillions.com community.