Print Back

My Notes:

Compare
4.5
based on 865 reviews

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35K 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (DMC-FZ35)

Model: 0003798826367

Displaying 1 - 10 of 865 Reviews

Show

Sort by

Most helpful positive review

I have purchased 3 of these cameras,

by Hank on Apr 26, 2012

5.0

"I purchased this camera over 5 yrs ago. Love this camera. When my two kids borrowed it they liked it so well they had me purchase one for each of them. The cameras are light weight, good zoom features with image stabilization, good battery life, clear photos, quick on ready to shoot, good low light shooting. I would recommend this camera to anyone wanting to shoot long distance sports or wildlife scenes...."  Read Full Review

See more positive reviews

Most helpful negative review

Great Camera... BUT

by Dcxdan on Mar 13, 2011

★★★☆☆
3.0

"I love my Lumix FZ35, but Panasonic is a very poor company for customer service or support. The camera is set to capture AVCHD format videos, but Panasonic does not have software included with the camera to use those videos. You are pretty much stuck with just viewing the videos on your computer. None of the software supplied will convert or edit those AVCHD videos. If you buy the camera, make sure you change th..."  Read Full Review

See more negative reviews

I have purchased 3 of these cameras,

5.0

"I purchased this camera over 5 yrs ago. Love this camera. When my two kids borrowed it they liked it so well they had me purchase one for each of them. The cameras are light weight, good zoom features with image stabilization, good battery life, clear photos, quick on ready to shoot, good low light shooting. I would recommend this camera to anyone wanting to shoot long distance sports or wildlife scenes."

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • High quality,
  • Image stabilization ,

Apr 26 2012
Hank
Southern Indiana
Full review provided by Abes of Maine

Best superzoom camera to me

4.0

"I ordered and picked up the FZ35(my first Panny camera) in Washington state. Then we went to Vegas. Without the chance of practicing, I shot P, A and many different scene modes. The night scene/portrait results are great. FZ35 is also more compact/lighter than the Canon Sony equivalent. It's much smaller than I expected. 2 kinds of video output. MOV and MTS. Both are good enough at 1280x720. You can use free FormatFactory to edit MTS. You sure can zoom while filming. Sound isn't bad.It generates a tiny bit of noise even at ISO100 if the picture is underexposed. The low ISO noise can be removed easily with Lightroom. And there's no advanced manual in the box. Only in CD or online PDF. There's basic manual in the box though.You have to press and hold about one second to get the top buttons respond. I guess it's to prevent from touching them accidentally.FZ35 is packed with a lot more functions and options than my Sony A300 dSLR was(and probably all the entry level DSLRs). Its 2.33 fps continuous shooting speed is limited to 3 shots only. With my Patriot Class10 SDHC card, there's almost no waiting time after 3 shots. i.e. The camera is ready right after taking 3 continuous shots.[...] Better price than its competition at the time of my purchase."

Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd

Pros:

• Compact,
  • Fast shutter,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Intelligentexposure works,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Mine was made in japan,
  • Smaller than canon sx1,
  • Wide angle lens,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• Poor flash,
  • Poor instructions/manual,
  • Top buttons not

Jan 10 2010
Jack the Jpeg shooter
Vancouver, Canada
Full review provided by Adorama

Best digital camera ever

5.0

"I bought this after testing and having two different cannon's fail on me. Even though this camera is a bit bulky I throw it in my purse, in the car, in my backpack. I keep it with me all the time. I like taking photos of flowers at the Botanic gardens and the only negative I found was typical of digital camera's the focus on white colors can pop, but this camera has a focus lock and so if you use it you can avoid that a little. Action pictures of humming birds are incredible when using a tripod. I would have liked a bit bigger view finder but at least it has one!! Love the soft focus in portrait mode."

taken outdoors on auto (in the wind) no-flash

taken outdoors on auto (in the wind) no-flash

taken indoors no-flash auto setting

taken indoors no-flash auto setting

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Good in low light,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Lightweight,
  • Long battery life,
  • Nice body color,
  • Short lag time,
  • True colors,

Jun 7 2010
Potter Not Harry
New Mexico
Full review provided by BuyDig.com

As good as it gets for a point and shoot

5.0

"This camera felt very comfortable from the first time I picked it up. Controls were all in the right places and were easily maneuvered almost immediately. The camera's heft felt good and solid, but without the size of an SLR. The close up shots have been amazing. As with any ultra zoom point and shoot, light availability is a necessity when utilizing the 18x optical zoom to its full extent. But, with that said and with enough light available, the images are clear and sharp. With the ability to use the manual settings, the camera is extremely versatile in most situations. Also, the iAuto feature takes all the work and planning out of capturing a fabulous photo. I have been more than happy with this camera."

Bumble Heaven

Bumble Heaven

NYC Bridge (name that bridge!)

NYC Bridge (name that bridge!)

Pros:

• Easy to clean,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Easy to use,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Simple controls,

Oct 12 2009
Sailor Girl
US East Coast

Great fun Camera

5.0

"I researched cameras for about two months. I did not want a p&s camera I wanted the versatility of a DLSR without the cumbersome lens and cost. The camera has so many settings it has been fun to learn the uses. I have had the camera only 8 months and already taken about 5,000 pictures. The zoom lens allows me to get close to animals, great macro shots too. Image stability is very good even at full zoom. I have always wanted to get into photography.

I am proud to show friends and family the pictures I have taken. I still take some bad pictures but that is my fault - they are good lucking bad pictures. This camera has given me a new hobby."

35.6mm manual settings

35.6mm manual settings

Through window at Timberline Lodge

Through window at Timberline Lodge

Pros:

• Dslr like settings,
  • Easy to use,
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • High quality lens,
  • Video quality,
  • Wide angle lens,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• No external mic jack

Jan 18 2011
Richard
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Full review provided by J&R Electronics

Best of the Lot

5.0

"After wearing out my first 2 Kodak Digital Cameras, I shopped and spent weeks reading reviews, studying every option and angle for the new Super Zoom's. Since I have gotten used to my new Panasonic FZ35 I'm convinced that there is no better Super Zoom Point & Shoot on the market. My professional Photographer friend agrees and highly praises my photos. Especially the ones I get paid for while shooting Road Racing & Moto Cross. This is the only camera offered that offered everything. I preferred AA batteries, but the proprietary batteries work great. I don't use the HD because of the complexities and compatibility issues with editing software, but the Hi Res Video in .mov format is awesome. With a separate video button, it doesn't interfere with my still or action shots. I no longer have to tote a video camera and a digi camera, this one does it all. I purchased this instead of an SLR and have never looked back."

Sample action photo

Sample action photo

Pros:

• Easy to setup,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Simple controls,
  • Well built / quality

Nov 12 2009
timbuk2
Hallett, OK
  • Semi-pro photographer
Full review provided by J&R Electronics

Meets all of my expectations

5.0

"I researched many reviews of every other super zoom on the market. None of those reviews could top those of the this camera. Now I see why. I've had the camera for about a month and have taken about 600 pics and half a dozen videos. I previously owned a DMC-FZ5 and thought it was a very good camera. The DMC-FZ35 surpasses it in every detail. I am totally pleased with my choice. One precaution-- AVCHD videos play well in camera and when camera is connected to a TV. They will not play on a computer when downloaded unless a media player is added. I'm using VLC -it's free- and it plays them well and even gives some simple editing functions."

Fall leaves in flowing creek--unedited

Fall leaves in flowing creek--unedited

Pros:

• Easy to setup,
  • Easy to use,
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Lightweight,
  • Perfect size,

Oct 14 2009
FZ35 Fan Merlin
Beavercreek, Ohio

Learn camera=Beautiful photos

4.0

"The best thing about this camera is the ease with which really sharp images can be captured. This is a simple camera (to allow you to concentrate upon taking photos) which routinely produces stellar images, (especially outdoors) Greatly enhances enjoyment of the hobby of photography ( (for me anyway) when one is not struggling to figure out the intracacies of a particular camera when the moment to photograph strikes."

Mallards at play

Mallards at play

sharp group photo taken indoors

sharp group photo taken indoors

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• Filter use challenging

Dec 14 2009
Peter the archiver
Tampa FL

A Great Camera

5.0

"A great compromise between a full size SLR and a pocket camera. There is no need for a variety of lenses, because this Leica lens goes from wide angle to a great telephoto, as well as macro. It is light enough to take on a bicycle ride, yet gives big SLR performance. The HD movie quality is excellent. It has exceeded my expectations."

Deer taken with full telephoto

Deer taken with full telephoto

Butterfly taken with Flower preset

Butterfly taken with Flower preset

Pros:

• Easy to clean,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Easy to use,
  • Good instructions / manual,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Lens range,
  • Range of presets,
  • Viewfinder,

Sep 24 2009
Florida Guy
Palm Harbor, Florida

Lumix Z35 12.1 mp

4.0

"I spend a lot of time outdoors with a camera. The Z35 Lumix is really a nice unit. So far I have been putting it through the ringer using the preset features and perverting the manual settings. The Leica lens is very sharp. The flash is most impressive for a flip up light. Cold weather performance has been good. The battery life is great for all the features that drain it. I look at all the sub compact 12 mega pixel units ,and I can say I am still happy I got this one! I would buy it again in a second!"

Macro works great

Macro works great

Portrait  with flash

Portrait with flash

Pros:

• Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Short lag time,
  • Zoom range/performance

Dec 14 2009
MrKnightdark
Akron , Ohio

Displaying 1 - 10 of 865 Reviews
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35K 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (DMC-FZ35) Questions

Have a question about this product? Get answers from the Buzzillions.com community.