Print Back

My Notes:

Compare
4.6
based on 508 reviews

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35K 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (DMC-FZ35)

Model: 0003798826367

Great Camera... BUT

by Dcxdan on Mar 13, 2011

★★★☆☆
3.0

"I love my Lumix FZ35, but Panasonic is a very poor company for customer service or support. The camera is set to capture AVCHD format videos, but Panasonic does not have software included with the camera to use those videos. You are pretty much stuck with just viewing the videos on your computer. None of the software supplied will convert or edit those AVCHD videos. If you buy the camera, make sure you change th..."  Read Full Review

See more negative reviews

Best superzoom camera to me

4.0

"I ordered and picked up the FZ35(my first Panny camera) in Washington state. Then we went to Vegas. Without the chance of practicing, I shot P, A and many different scene modes. The night scene/portrait results are great. FZ35 is also more compact/lighter than the Canon Sony equivalent. It's much smaller than I expected. 2 kinds of video output. MOV and MTS. Both are good enough at 1280x720. You can use free FormatFactory to edit MTS. You sure can zoom while filming. Sound isn't bad.It generates a tiny bit of noise even at ISO100 if the picture is underexposed. The low ISO noise can be removed easily with Lightroom. And there's no advanced manual in the box. Only in CD or online PDF. There's basic manual in the box though.You have to press and hold about one second to get the top buttons respond. I guess it's to prevent from touching them accidentally.FZ35 is packed with a lot more functions and options than my Sony A300 dSLR was(and probably all the entry level DSLRs). Its 2.33 fps continuous shooting speed is limited to 3 shots only. With my Patriot Class10 SDHC card, there's almost no waiting time after 3 shots. i.e. The camera is ready right after taking 3 continuous shots.[...] Better price than its competition at the time of my purchase."

Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd

Pros:

• Compact,
  • Fast shutter,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Intelligentexposure works,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Mine was made in japan,
  • Smaller than canon sx1,
  • Wide angle lens,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• Poor flash,
  • Poor instructions/manual,
  • Top buttons not

Jan 10 2010
Jack the Jpeg shooter
Vancouver, Canada

Best digital camera ever

5.0

"I bought this after testing and having two different cannon's fail on me. Even though this camera is a bit bulky I throw it in my purse, in the car, in my backpack. I keep it with me all the time. I like taking photos of flowers at the Botanic gardens and the only negative I found was typical of digital camera's the focus on white colors can pop, but this camera has a focus lock and so if you use it you can avoid that a little. Action pictures of humming birds are incredible when using a tripod. I would have liked a bit bigger view finder but at least it has one!! Love the soft focus in portrait mode."

taken outdoors on auto (in the wind) no-flash

taken outdoors on auto (in the wind) no-flash

taken indoors no-flash auto setting

taken indoors no-flash auto setting

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Good in low light,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Lightweight,
  • Long battery life,
  • Nice body color,
  • True colors,

Jun 7 2010
Potter Not Harry
New Mexico
Full review provided by BuyDig.com

A SuperZoom That Rivals dSLRs

5.0

"I've owned a number of earlier Panasonic SuperZoom bridge cameras and have enjoyed them all, but the FZ35 is a whole different animal.

The earlier FZ28 model was a wonderful all round camera and the FZ35 is physically the same animal with the addition of a larger (12 MP) sensor and the capability for shooting HDTV movies. It is similar to the FZ28 in that it has the same viewfinder, Leica designed lens and overall control system.

But for me the BIG difference in the FZ35 is the new P.O.I.S or Power Optical Image Stabilization system which replaces the Mega OIS system on the FZ28. It is unbelieveable.

After I got the FZ35, I spent a week shooting with it in Paris. I did a lot of night shots and began to notice that I was getting incredibly sharp pictures at night using ISO speeds of just 200 and 400. My usual exposure time was 1/20th of a second and I was shooting handheld. And I was getting totally sharp to the bone, un-blurred-pictures. I began to shoot more at night, realizing that the POIS was opening up a whole new world of night photography. Wow!

At ISO speeds below 400 the images produced by the FZ35 are of professional quality, the kind you'd expect from a midrange dSLR. And I personally believe that it outperforms many entry level dSLRs in image quality.

Packing 12MP on a small sensor does mean that higher ISO speeds images will be grainy and not as good as a dSLR, with a larger sensor, produces but these images are still acceptable.

The non-interchangeable superzoom lens is remarkably sharp thoughout its range and I am surprised at how often I'm shooting at the extreme telephoto (486mm) end of its range.

As for the HDTV capability, well, it leaves me cold. It is fun to shoot the occassional movie clip but if I wanted to make movies I'd buy a camcorder. Buy the FZ35 for its still photo power rather than as a semi-demi-maybe movie camera.

All in all this is a lightweight state-of-the-art camera that produces extraordinary results and it is sold for less then the price of single dSLR lens."

Pros:

• Great picture quality,
  • Lightweight,
  • Macro capability,
  • Power stabilization,
  • Superzoom range

Cons:

• Noisy at high iso,
  • Non-rotating lcd monitor,
  • Slight lag between shots

Sep 18 2009
Hawkeye
Pacific NW

Panasonic Lumix FZ35K Camera

4.0

"I'm an old school Nikon 35 mm SLR photographer. BUT, it's been clear for some time that I needed to make the up-grade to digital. I'm still a little leary of "point & shoot" cameras. BUT, after doing some research, I decided on a Panasonic FZ35K, and have been extremely happy with it. [...]"

My dog with Panasonic zoom from about 25 ft.

My dog with Panasonic zoom from about 25 ft.

Pros:

• Image stabilization ,
  • Nice body color,
  • Short lag time,
  • Zoom range/performance

Jul 26 2010
Trout Thompson
Syracuse, NY
  • Semi-pro photographer
Full review provided by Adorama

The Lumix FZ35 is a great camera!

5.0

"Having always used a run of the mill point-and-shoot cameras, I decided to finally try my hand at something a little more difficult. I'm not quite ready for the price or the physical burden of carrying around a DSLR. Nor, do I lack the experience or knowledge of how to use such a camera, however, I do plan to upgrade to one someday. I feel that the FZ35 is a perfect gateway into learning tools of the trade so that when the time comes I will confident enough to venture out into the DSLR-world.

I recently took the FZ35 along with me to a concert. I can truly say that this camera was an excellent buy. I've uploaded a couple videos on Youtube and have already received compliments on the quality and clarity. The zoom on this camera is AMAZING. At the concert I was sitting pretty far up and I was able to zoom in very close (one Youtube commenter remarked that they could see the sweat dripping off the lead singer). I plan to buy a teleconverter eventually, once my bank account recovers from the cost of the camera (struggling college student here).

Battery life on this camera, was excellent..didn't falter a bit. I bought an 8BG SDHC memory card, which is more than enough for pictures, however, I do a lot of video recording so I will soon be upgrading to a 16GB card soon enough. But rest assure, if you are simply taking pictures and a few videos here and there, an 8BG card is sufficient.

I haven't gotten a chance to test out all of the functions on the camera (and boy are there many), but like I said this is a much more advance camera than I am used to dealing with. I am sure that once I learn some new tricks I'll be producing excellent pictures.

My only gripe, is that when I record in AVCHD I have to use Handbrake to convert it to a format viable for Youtube. It's a pretty tedious process and makes the speed of upload of videos pretty slow. However, the benefits of the HD quality far outweigh this. (If any of you think that I am doing this wrong and there is an easier, and know of a more efficient way of going about this...PLEASE let me know..any advice is great)

The camera body itself is very comfortable. It's a pretty light camera, although I will admit that towards the end of the concert, muscle control in my hands started to fatigue a bit. But it was anything that I couldn't stand.

I plan to use the camera for personal use. As I said before, just wanted to step up from a point-and-shoot. The camera might come in handy when I decide to study abroad next summer, so we shall see. I have total confidence in it's performance.

All-in-all I have had VERY positive experiences with this camera. I look forward to learning much more. Here's to progression!"

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Large clear lcd,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• Converting video

Oct 18 2010
Coco
Merced, CA
  • Casual photographer

I'm in AWE

5.0

"This camera continues to amaze me! The ease of use and the quality of the images is fabulous...if I want to allow the camera to think for me, it's easy...and if I want to take control it's doesn't take long to figure it out...the manual was helpful to get started...I'm beyond thrilled with the FZ35!"

Inside a corner cubbard, at sunset, no flash...

Inside a corner cubbard, at sunset, no flash...

My first time using the camera

My first time using the camera

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Large clear lcd,

Jan 25 2011
Madame X
Lowell, Ma

best digital I ever owned

5.0

"As soon as I started using it I knew it was special. I shot a clear photo of an eagle in a tree from 200yds from a moving boat! I have a bumble bee in mid air. At full zoom and using auto mode you might need to stablize it with a monopod or leaning agains a solid object. Owned it for 6 months and still love it."

eagle

eagle

Pros:

• Easy to use,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Zoom range/performance

Jan 9 2011
fred
illinois

I love this camera!!

5.0

"The Panasonic DMC-FZ35 is an awesome camera. It's a comfortable size, has a quality feel, and takes great pictures. It's really easy to use--you can set it on automatic and just start shooting photos! I'm still learning all the settings, but the camera takes great pictures in the auto mode. I also like the one-touch video mode--you can easily take video and then instantly attach to your tv to view.

I searched extensively for a new camera-- read on-line reviews, and even checked out a similar Canon, Kodak, and a Nikon in the local stores. I didn't like the "feel" of those cameras. I was a little nervous purchasing a camera without actually trying it out, but this one got such good ratings and reviews on line, so I decided to take a chance. I was not sorry at all!

It comes with everything you need to take awesome photos and videos and also the cables to attach to computer or tv to view them. It does NOT come with a storage card--and you will need one right away as the internal storage is not going to be very useful if you take photos at the highest resolution.

I would definitely recommend an extra battery and a few SDHC cards--get the Class 4 or 6, and at least 4G, especially if you want to do video.

The battery charge lasted through Christmas and for over a week afterward (actually 11 days!). I used the camera a lot and tried all the settings and really gave the battery a workout during this time! I filled a 4G SDHC card, including lots of deleting from my testing and fooling around with the different settings.

So far, I have not found anything that I don't like about this camera--it is awesome!"

Pros:

• Compact,
  • Easy to use,
  • Good in low light,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Image stabilization ,
  • Large clear lcd,

Jan 5 2010
Mindy
Pelham, NH

Great Bang for the Buck!

5.0

"This is the perfect camera to tote around Disney World with you all day or on any all day trip for that matter. You don't even know it's around your neck. Very comfortable to carry on your belt loop too. It's always ready to go and easy to use. I used to drag my DSLR with a bag full of gear with me all the time and spend most of the day complaining about the weight of it. I finally made the decision to switch back to a high end point & shoot. Now I just slip the FZ35 into the Lowepro TLZ-10 and hook it to my belt loop and I'm ready to go. This is a much better option for me as I realize that I am not a professional photographer and I now enjoy walking around with both of my hands free. And I feel like part of my family instead of my families photographer. The image quality is great, they are crisp, sharp and full of color. I don't want to mislead anyone here so with that being said, they are still not DSLR quality. But for family photos, casual shots @ 4X6 to 8X10 print size they are just fine. They also look great on the computer screen at full size. I don't think people will be disappointed with the results from the FZ35. It's a great all around camera and that's coming from a guy who always bought Canon. Well that's my opinion, pick one up for yourself and see what you think."

Pros:

• Battery life,
  • Easy to use,
  • Great feel,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Lens filter threads,
  • Lightweight,
  • Solid build quality,
  • Zoom range/performance

Cons:

• None

Sep 23 2009
PAC Man
New Jersey

My Thoughts

5.0

"I have been a non-commercial photographer for nearly 60 years and have a degree and long career in Photographic Science.

I normally use a Sony Alpha 350 but sometimes need a long telephoto and also a macro lens. The two lenses I bought with the 350 don't cover those needs and to buy two additional lenses would have cost upwards of $1,000. The FZ35 provides me the capability for both and I bought it at 1/3 of the cost of additional lenses. Also, without the bulk of carrying a long telephoto and macro lens.

In normal lighting and under my usage and at similar settings I've tested it extensively side by side with the Sony DSLR, which is an excellent camera and have found it equal, except as otherwise noted, and in some cases the lens slightly sharper.

In low light situations, the quality of pictures is good up to ISO 400 for up to 8x10, but beyond that noise increases quickly. On the other hand I have applied noise processing software with excellent results up to ISO 800.

The camera is feature rich which always complicates settings in the field for best results. In features you get more than you pay for though and should accept the learning curve in order to get the features for the money spent. It's an excellent camera in that respect.

The image stabilization is excellent without question.

For my uses, it is a very good adjunct to my DSLR for the particular applications I need. As an all around capable camera for general use by anyone under a very broad range of circumstances, this is an excellent choice.

In rendering a particular worthy scene, the quality of the output is half the photographer and half the equipment."

Pros:

• At 400 iso and below,
  • Compact,
  • Easy to use,
  • Excellent,
  • Feature rich,
  • Great picture quality,
  • More than adequate,

Jan 10 2010
Fred
NY

Displaying 1 - 10 of 508 Reviews
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35K 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (DMC-FZ35) Questions

Have a question about this product? Get answers from the Buzzillions.com community.