Print Back

Displaying 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews

Show

Sort by

Most helpful positive review

Just got this TV...Good Grief!

by Katera on May 21, 2009

See more positive reviews

Most helpful negative review

Product is "ok", but buy another brand !

by Carlos on Jul 27, 2009

★★★☆☆
3.0

"Do not expect Samsung to exchange the product if it is defective even from "day one". Samsung will offer you to repair the product, not to exchange it... which means... to REFURBISH it for you despite the fact that you purchased a brand new product which never worked ! I had this experience not with this TV, but with a Samsung Blue Ray player. Bought it online, received, installed, did not work. The online re..."  Read Full Review

See more negative reviews

Just got this TV...Good Grief!

5.0

"This is the most money I have spent online so I was nervous, but at the end of the day the SAME TV with warranty was a full $800 less then at [...]. So I went for it. [...].The TV? Mercy. I played around with the 7000 series and it was great, but there was some judder in a few fast moving scenes both in movies and sports, hence I went with the 8000. I have not seen one motion artifact since turning it on. Tennis, golf, basketball...movies. Crystal clear. It has 5,000,000 : 1 contrast ratio compared to the the 7k series which is 3 mil to 1. You can see a difference. The first show I turned on was the Lakers vs the Magic. Good grief...the picture was 3d with colors that just poured off the screen and this was with 1080i dish network. 300 was the first movie I watched...after some tweaking of the settings it looked perfect. The blacks on this TV are every bit as good as Pioneer's Kurio Plasma, but with a crystal clear picture.Setup: LOL. pop off the 4 box handles lift the set out of the box, place it on where you want it and plug it in. Done. There is NOTHING to assemble. The stand is already attached. Picture: See above. Simply stunning. The thing is 1.2 inches wide. Incredible.Interface: Very easy to deal with. I have not bought a new TV in 8 years so I am a novice, but I found this TV VERY easy to adjust.Sound: Sucks. Plain and simple. The speakers are just too small to sound good. I use a Denon 5.1 speaker/receiver system anyway so it is a non issue for me.Looks: Awesome. The set looks very classy with a brushed aluminum stand.I use a PS3 for my blueray which works great with this TV. Just fyi.p.s. ABT has the best price [...] right now although this could change. FYI this was my first purchase from them. I was impressed."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution

Cons:

• Poor audio

May 21 2009
Katera
Houston, TX

Samsun 8 Series 55

5.0

"This tv is, quite simply, fantastic. The blacks are quite deep (after changing the factory settings). The colors are bright and dynamic. And the picture is unbelievable. In fact, it's so good that in some movies, the actors in front of a green screen pop out so much that it is clear that they are in front of a green screen.

The only issue I have with the television is that it really should be hooked up to a surround sound system. I did this, but there is no option to control the sound that is being fed to the outside sound system through the tv. It is an either/or proposition. Either you have the sound come through the tv's speakers, in which case you can control the sound through the tv (obviously) or you hook up the 5.1 system and control the sound using your tuner. The tv it replaced allowed me to control the sound using the tv, even though the sound was being fed through my surround sound system."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Reduces glare

Cons:

• Poor audio

Jul 14 2009
DC
New York, NY

Top of the Line Features and two remotes

5.0

"The Dimension specs don't really indicate how close to the wall one can get the TV using the provided stand. I purchased a flat screen entertainment console furniture and the TV doesn't sit back far enough under the hutch portion. I would have to buy a wall mount to have it the way I really want it.

The Samsung site shows Internet@TV functionality. Note that the Internet@TV web site shows Showtime, NBC, BlockBuster, Netflix widgets etc as being available but the Samsung site only shows the standard widgets. I thought I would have those widgets on my TV but don't. Maybe they will be released soon (hopefully).

Note that this unit comes with two remote controls. One is extremely simple - channel up and down, volume up and down, and Power On/Off. The other remote with tons of buttons give access to the many functions."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Husband remote,
  • Simple controls,
  • Wife remote

Cons:

• Stand depth

Aug 6 2009
Joe M.
Seneca, SC
  • Power user
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

This TV is le-gen-waitforit-dary!

5.0

"I super-love this television. The extra cash to upgrade from the 7000 series to this 8000 was totally worth it. There are some reviews out there about the side-lighting for the LEDs and there being lightened corners, and I have noticed that while watching some things. However, if you hadn't been told or you hadn't read those reviews, you may not have noticed it. It's there, but it's minor and the blacks that you get with this television are sharp. The picture is so amazing that in a lot of instances it feels like there is a sort of 3D effect happening, almost like you are in the movie frame. The one con I do have is the Auto 240Hz True whatever it's called. It's ok, but I don't notice a difference between this television and the old LCD I had that was 60 Hz. I also do notice a glare on the television from the windows, no matter if the sun is up or not. I know that was supposed to mainly be a Plasma problem, but I do find it slightly annoying with this television as well."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Great picture quality

Cons:

• Glare

Jan 21 2010
Holly
Chicago, IL

When can I have the 65" model of this TV

5.0

"This TV is simply beautiful, a piece of art even when turned off. It blends seemlessly into the room, making other 'flat panels' look ancient. I wish this TV came in 65" size for true theater experience in family room. Sound surprisingly good though I have surround setup. Swivel angle quite wide. This is a masterprice, a class act by Samsung earning my respect, leapfrogging over Sony which is in trouble now. I want wanting to buy the XBR8 or 9 but terribly disappointed when they came out last fall...waited and waited for this and worth the wait!

CONs: Off angle viewing could be better. Remote response time lagged. Wiselink connection to computers at home slow for playing video, music and pictures off home server wirelessly. Pebble remote while cute not practical."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Reduces glare

Jul 28 2009
Neilocool
Los Altos, CA
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

Can't wait to watch it again and again

★★★★☆
4.0

"Have had this TV for a few months now and I like it immensely. It isn't without its drawbacks though. The screen glare is slightly annoying if lights or windows are reflected in the screen, especially for dark scenes. The border around the screen is also easily scratched, even with the cloth that comes with the TV for cleaning. It isn't noticable from viewing distances, you have to get within a foot or two. After about a month we had the white screen issue as well. Ended up being a loose connector. [...] Also, after about two months of use the TV remote died. [...] All that being said, comparing the 240Hz with a friends 120Hz Samsung, I am glad I waited and spent the extra money on the 240Hz, well worth it. [...]"

Pros:

• Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution

Cons:

• Glare

Feb 26 2010
Clark
Chicago, IL

Buy it for the Excellent Picture

5.0

"Best Picture on the market. So rich it looks 3D.

Sound is very good only wish it did a partial mute when you hit mute.

Multimedia/Ethernet features are horrible not up to current standards.

Get the Samsung wall mount. The TV weights only 64 lbs and is easy for someone to walk away with it.

The reason to buy this TV is for the picture quality which just has to be seen to be believed. In the store I just kept coming back to this TV as the gold standard, I think it will have you doing the same thing."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Reduces glare,
  • Simple controls

Cons:

• Bad interface

May 4 2009
Dadoo
Miami, FL
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

You have to see it to believe it!

5.0

"Shopped around at retail stores and online. [...] Basically it was plug and play. I plugged in the set and all I can say is WOW! What a picture! I had waited a while to find the right set and I'm glad I picked this up. ABT has my highest recommendation and since this orginal purchase have used them several more times for more audio equipment. The same every time....perfect! Great price[...]Check them out, you won't be disappointed."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Simple controls

Cons:

• None

Jun 26 2009
Tony the Therapist
Monterey, California
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

couidn't be any more clear awesome

5.0

"i have had a lot of different tvs over the years from 40" tubes to rear projection ,to just plane old lcds and all brands sony ,mitsubishi,samsung,zeneth.but this tv has the best picture ever its almost unbelievable you wont be disappointed its almost to clear.i got the samsung slim mounting kit and hung this tv on the wall by myself tv weight is 51 lbs. it sits only 1 3/4 inchs off the wall its like hanging a big picture only wish was power cord was a little longer."

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Reduces glare,
  • Simple controls

Cons:

• None

Jul 28 2009
BIG D.
chicago illinois
Full review provided by Abt Electronics

Vibrant beautiful picture blows me away!

5.0

"After researching and comparing several models available in the $2k to $3k range, I was just consitantly blown away by the Samsung LEDs. Got a great price [$] [...]Got it, mounted it(only 2" total from wall to face with Samsung Slim Mount), connected it and it just continues to impress. Screen is not as reflective as you'd think, plays every HD video file I throw on a USB drive(reads NTFS even though it doesn't say so in the manual). Great picture, great features, looks great... perfect!"

Pros:

• Attractive,
  • Easy to setup,
  • Good connections,
  • Great picture quality,
  • Great resolution,
  • Simple controls

Oct 16 2009
Richie Z
South Florida

Displaying 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Please let us know what kind of issue this is:

Email Address: (required)

We will never publish your email — see our privacy policy

Comments:

or Cancel

You selected:  Single review